This may sound like a very basic recipe, but it’s not! We can confidently say that it is one of the best oven-baked potato recipes we have ever seen. Here’s why:
- Crispy skin is the best! We’ve nailed the temperature and time that’ll help us to achieve the crispy-on-the-outside-fluffy-on-the-inside potato of our dreams.
- Salty skin – the potato skin is crispy and salty. This combination is insanely delicious.
- It’s simple – you don’t have to poke holes into your potatoes or wrap them with foil. The instructions are simple: coat the potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle some salt.
The Best Oven Baked Potatoes
Here are the ingredients to bake crispy and delicious baked potato in the oven.
- You will need four medium-sized russet potatoes to make Russet Potatoes. Because they have the perfect starch to make a fluffy inside and thicker skin than Yukon Gold or red potatoes, Russet potatoes are the traditional baking potato.
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin oil olive oil (EVOO) helps the skin get crispy and soft!
- Flaky or Coarse Salt – Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of flaky or coarse salt on the potatoes just before they go in the oven.
How To Cook Baked Potatoes In The Oven?
These four words – preheat, rub, sprinkle and bake are the keys to baking the best potatoes! Here’s how it works:
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Prepare the potatoes. Rub the potatoes with olive oil, place them on a sheet pan, and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake the potatoes for 60 to 75 minutes until they are crisp and can be easily pierced using a fork.
At What Temperature Should You Bake Potatoes?
We’ve found that baking the potatoes at 425degF lends the very best crispy-outside-soft-fluffy-inside result.
Do You Make Holes In The Potatoes Before They Bake?
We don’t poke holes into our potatoes before they bake! Although it is believed that steam escapes from potatoes by poking holes into them, we have never seen a potato explode! It doesn’t hurt to poke some holes if you are on Team Hole.
What Is The Time It Takes To Bake Crispy Oven-Baked Potatoes?
It took me between 60 and 75 minutes to cook. This is the only problem with baked potatoes, at least for me. This starchy side is super easy and can be done in a matter of minutes, but it does require some planning.
Is It Safe For Potatoes To Be Baked In Aluminum Foil?
It is safe. However, if your potato is concerned about touching the foil, wrap it in parchment first and then foil.
How Can You Tell When Your Baked Potatoes Are Done?
Baked potatoes should be easy to pierce with a fork. We recommend leaving the potatoes in the oven for a few minutes if they are still resistant to being poked with a fork.
What Tastes Good With Baked Potatoes?
All the things! Baked potato bars have become a favorite party spread because guests can customize their toppings. These are some classic potato toppings:
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
How Can You Store Baked Potatoes?
The remaining baked potatoes can be stored in an airtight container in your fridge.
Are Potatoes Likely To Explode During Baking?
This is a valid concern. However, we have never experienced a potato exploding in the oven. It is unlikely to happen, so I wouldn’t be too concerned about it. It’s okay to poke some holes in your potatoes if you feel anxious before you bake them.
How Can You Prevent Potatoes From Exploding When Baking?
The potatoes don’t explode in the oven, so we don’t do much. Some prefer to poke holes into their potatoes to prevent them from exploding, but we have never experienced one.